At War: Planetary Cannons (3.0.3)
This mod is a continuation of the original, created by The Dadinator, and now updated and maintained following his expression to discontinue support.
This mod may be removed if he returns to the modding community and wishes it taken down to consolidate effort.
Original Description (links culled to avoid misdirection):
Tired of sitting passively while your enemies bombard your planets? Build some planetary cannons to fight back! These cannons target ships in orbit of your planet, both military craft and transports. Planetary cannons, don’t leave home without them… installed.
Note: Colossus do not enter orbit so they cannot be targeted. For that try At War: Planetary Defense Force which can send system-limited ships against them.
- Planetary Coilgun Battery building to take on enemy fleets in orbit. Fires 20 shots at a time. 35% chance to hit, 10 – 25 hull damage, 3 day cool-down. Unlocks with the Coilguns technology.
- Planetary Railgun Battery building to take on enemy fleets in orbit. Fires 20 shots at a time. 40% chance to hit, 20 – 35 hull damage, 4 day cool-down. Unlocks with the Advanced Railguns technology.
- Planetary Proton Cannon building to take on enemy fleets in orbit. 50% chance to hit, 100 – 500 hull damage, 5 day cool-down. Unlocks with the Proton Launchers technology.
- Planetary Neutron Cannon building to take on enemy fleets in orbit. 60% chance to hit, 500 – 1500 hull damage, 7 day cool-down. Upgrade 1. Unlocks with the Neutron Launchers technology
- Planetary Tachyon Cannon building to take on enemy fleets in orbit. 70% chance to hit, 1000 – 5000 hull damage, 10 day cool-down. Upgrade 2. Unlocks with the Tachyon Lances technology
- Planetary Gun Batteries and Cannons can target transport ships while not under bombardment.
- Planetary Gun Batteries can be set to target transports before other fleets using a planetary decision on the planet in question.
- Only one Gun Battery and one Cannon per planet.
- Planetary cannon damage is directly against hull points, ignoring shields and armor as that is the only type of damage a mod can do to a ship currently.
- Not currently able to target an active colossus (charging / firing) as they don’t enter planet orbit.
This mod only overwrites the message types file (common/message_types.txt) to add new message types and should be compatible with any mod that does not add message types.
Compatible with Stellaris v3.0.3
As with any mod that affects game play, NOT achievement compatible.
You can post comments here or in the Discord channel for the mods. I take all constructive feedback and suggestions seriously.