This mod adds 30 new planet types to the game;
– 18 regular worlds some with events.
– 5 gaia style planets/habitats with events.
– 3 rare worlds.
– 2 exotic life type planets.
– 1 non-colonizable planet.
– 1 arcology-project.
The mod uses events to change the existing planets when a game starts. Example: All the regular dry planets will reroll as the extended PD dry planets. The mod does add the rare/special planets as initializers, so they will add to galactic planet count but they are set to be scaled to the size of your galaxy. On a tiny map there will be 0-3 and on an extra large map, there will be around 36 extra planets. Aside from the rare/special planets spawning is untouched.
It also has two game start events;
– If you start on Sol or Deneb you can add terraforming candidate modifers to some planets.
– You can change nearby nieghbour planets to be the same catergory instead of same class.
1. Continental – Vanilla Artwork
2. Tropical – Vanilla Artwork
3. Ocean – Vanilla Artwork
4. Cascadian – Custom Artwork
5. Atoll – Custom Artwork
7. Mangrove – Custom Artwork
8. Tepui (High Altitude Jungle) – Custom Artwork
9. Bioluminescence Jungle – Custom Artwork
10. Retinal – Custom Artwork
1. Desert – Vanilla Artwork
2. Arid – Vanilla Artwork
3. Savannah – Vanilla Artwork
4. Steppe – Custom Artwork
5. Dune – Custom Artwork
6. Oasis – Custom Artwork
7. Mesa – Custom Artwork
8. Atacama (High Altitude Desert) – Custom Artwork
1. Arctic – Vanilla Artwork
2. Tundra – Vanilla Artwork
3. Alpine – Vanilla Artwork
5. Frigid (Frozen Desert)
6. Glacial – Custom Artwork
7. Boreal – Custom Artwork
8. Mycelium – Custom Artwork
You can start on these worlds, they have a slight bonus and they spawn in the galaxy randomly. They don’t get ideal neighbour classes, but they do get nearby planets that thematically appropriate for them.
1. Geothermal World – A icy world with high levels of geothermal activity that create lush jungle pockets. Special mining and energy districts.
2. Superhabitable World – A super earth that is larger than most habitable planets, aside from the high gravity it is a perfect place for life to flourish. Special mining and farming districts.
3. Tidally Locked World – A planet which is tidally locked around its star, one side always faces the sun while the other is trapped in eternal darkness. Special energy and farming districts.
5 new types of Unique Worlds. Most of them have their own event chain and are basically planet Leviathans. They all have the same 10% resource bonus like Gaia Worlds and each one an extra bonus that matches the story. You can start on these worlds with Civics, and they have special bonus districts.
1. Floating World – Energy/Physics – A planet with islands that float in the sky.
2. Crystal World – Food/Unity – A planet with large building sized crystal pillars. What causes such mysterious powers of the crystals?
3. Tinyanki Graveyard World – Energy/Minerals – The final resting place of the Tinyanki when they are done their cosmic journey. They bring minerals and energy from all over the galaxy to this rich world.
4. Archive World – Physics/Society/Engineering – A long-abandoned artificial world covered in supercomputers, what information is stored there?
5. Techno-Organic World – Engineering/Physics – A grassy world with a planet-wide irrigation system, who made it and where are they now?
The two exotic life planets start are rare planets and can be chosen at the game start of the game. They can be terraformed later in the game.
1. Ammonia – Black oceans, dark green vegetation.
2. Methane – Brown/orange and hazy (based on pictures of Titan).
1. Eco-Arcology – A solar punk/utopian arcology focused on Art, Culture, Research and Food production. *In Beta, this will definitely be tweaked/nerfed/reworked at some point, please feel free to give me your opinion on this planet.
1. Hothouse World – This is a un-colonizable planet that can have an anomaly that will make it a terraforming candidate.
Planetary Diversity Overwrites:
Want to see every planet have its own custom art? Please consider contributing a dollar or two to help add more professional artwork for the Mod. Every cent donated will go towards paying the artist. Thank you for enjoying the mod!
Check out the Artist – Facebook – Deviant Art
Don Artemio – for Russian translation.
Draco Lander – for Polish translation.
Joky – for French translation.
duffymcdave – for German translation.
Aranha Maluco – for Portuguese translation.
Alguerath – for Spanish translation.
Shota3245 – for Japanese translation.
Meishashier – for Simplified Chinese translation
Dwaine – for a fix for Tidally Locked, and a ton of helpful ideas and art.
ExNihil + Lex Peregrine – for most of the amazing code for the spawning engine.
Thank you for enjoying it and please rate it if you have a second.
Fully Compatible Mods/Sub Mods
PLANETARY DIVERSITY New Worlds Module
Guilli’s Planet Modifiers 2.2
Rogue Servitor Ecumenopolis
Links to mods and patches for other mods and Planetary Diversity;
Planetary Diversity and Glavius AI Terraforming Patch
Planetary Div – New World – Glavius AI Terraforming Patch
Do Not use Planetary Diversity Orginal Art without permission.