Mod Version: 1.5.1
This mod adds 27 new planet types to the game.
– 15 sci-fi single biome planets you can start on
– 7 unique Gaia style planets
– 1 rare Gaia style planet
– 1 terraforming ascension type planet
– 2 exotic life type planets
– 1 non-colonizable planet
– Terraforming removes negative modifiers and gives all planets a terraformed modifier.
Categories of planet types have been reworked, each group has 6 habitable planets. Instead of 3, there are now 4 categories;
Hot & Wet
1. Continental – Vanilla Artwork
2. Tropical – Vanilla Artwork
3. Ocean – Vanilla Artwork
4. Mangrove – Custom Artwork
5. Atoll – Custom Artwork
6. Tepui (High Altitude Jungle) – Custom Artwork
Cold & Wet
1. Boreal – Custom Artwork
2. Cascadian – Custom Artwork
5. Glacial – Custom Artwork
6. Geothermal – Custom Artwork
Hot & Dry
1. Desert – Vanilla Artwork
2. Arid – Vanilla Artwork
3. Savannah – Vanilla Artwork
4. Dune – Custom Artwork
5. Mesa – Custom Artwork
6. Oasis – Custom Artwork
Cold & Dry
1. Arctic – Vanilla Artwork
2. Tundra – Vanilla Artwork
3. Alpine – Vanilla Artwork
4. Katpana (Frozen Desert)
6. Atacama (High Altitude Desert) – Custom Artwork
3 new types of rare worlds, these planets have equal habitability for every class. There are civics to start as these planets, they don’t get the static modifiers or events, and the habitability trait gains +30% habitability on all planets. More to come soon.
1. Floating World – A planet with islands that float in the sky.
2. Crystal World – A planet with large building sized crystal pillars. What causes such mysterious powers of the crystals?
3. Ecumenopolis World + Ascension Perk – A planet-wide city. Has unique buildings and starting civic. There is also a special story world version as well.
4. Tinyanki Graveyard World – The final resting place of the Tinyanki when they are done their cosmic journey. They bring minerals and energy from all over the galaxy to this rich world.
5. Mycelium World – A planet with large mushroom forests with bonuses to food and society. What discoveries are to be made on this connected world?
6. Archive World – A long-abandoned artificial world covered in supercomputers, what information is stored there?
7. Bioluminescence World – A dark cloudy world with jungles that glow from bioluminescence, what could be hiding in the jungle?
8. Techno-Organic World – A grassy world with a planet-wide irrigation system, who made it and where are they now?
6. Tidally Locked World – A planet which is tidally locked around its star, one side always faces the sun while the other is trapped in eternal darkness.
The two exotic life planets start are rare planets and can be chosen at game start. They can be terraformed later in the game. Also, Tomb world start is thrown in there for fun.
1. Ammonia – Black oceans, dark green vegetation.
2. Methane – Brown/orange and hazy (based on pictures of Titan).
1.Hothouse World – This is a un-colonizable planet that can have an anomaly that will make it a terraforming candidate.
Terraforming now removes negative modifiers and adds a small positive modifier to planets called "Engineered Environment".
f) This rewrites the Sol System to have a terraform-able hothouse venus. No other changes.
– I’ve tried my best to make this balanced and be as vanilla friendly as possible. I have some ideas to expand this mod but I’m also open to suggestions if someone proposed some good balanced ideas for other planets and would love feedback on balance.
– Unique worlds only appear once in a game and have special resources or buildings, colonize or capture the planet to find out.
Planetary Diversity Overwrites:
Want to see every planet have its own custom art? Please consider contributing a dollar or two to help add more professional artwork for the Mod. Every cent donated will go towards paying the artist. Thank you for enjoying the mod!
Check out the Artist – Facebook – Deviant Art
Don Artemio – for Russian translation.
Draco Lander – for Polish translation.
Joky – for French translation.
duffymcdave – for German translation.
Aranha Maluco – for Portuguese translation.
Alguerath – for Spanish translation.
Shota3245 – for Japanese translation.
Dwaine – for a fix for Tidally Locked & Ecumenopolis World planet artwork.
ExNihil + Lex Peregrine – for most of the amazing code for the spawning engine.
Thank you for enjoying it and please rate it if you have a second.
Do Not use Planetary Diversity Orginal Art without permission.
For people looking for PD 1.9