This mod adds 25 new planet types to the game;
– 18 regular worlds some with events.
– 6 rare worlds.
– 1 non-colonizable planet.
The mod uses events to change the existing planets when a game starts. Example: All the regular dry planets will reroll as the extended PD dry planets. The mod does add the rare/special planets as initializers, so they will add to galactic planet count but they are set to be scaled to the size of your galaxy. On a tiny map, there will be 0-3 and on an extra large map, there will be around 20 extra planets. Aside from the rare/special planets spawning is untouched.
It also has two game start events;
– If you start on Sol or Deneb you can add terraforming candidate modifiers to some planets.
– You can change nearby neighbour planets to be the same category instead of them being the same class.
You can start on these worlds, they have a slight bonus and they spawn in the galaxy randomly. They don’t get ideal neighbour classes, but they do get nearby planets that thematically appropriate for them.
1. Geothermal World – A icy world with high levels of geothermal activity that create lush jungle pockets. Special mining and energy districts.
2. Superhabitable World – A super earth that is larger than most habitable planets, aside from the high gravity it is a perfect place for life to flourish. Special mining and farming districts.
3. Tidally Locked World – A planet which is tidally locked around its star, one side always faces the sun while the other is trapped in eternal darkness. Special energy and farming districts.
4. Bioluminescence Jungle – A hot jungle world that is under almost complete darkness, has special farming and energy districts.
5. Radiotrophic World – A special tomb world where life has learnt to adapt to the high levels of radiation, special farming and energy districts.
6. Karst World – A hollow world of caves, special mining and energy districts.
1. Hothouse World – This is a un-colonizable planet that can have an anomaly that will make it a terraforming candidate.
Planetary Diversity Overwrites:
commonall the district files
Want to see even more planets? I’m always down to add more. Please consider contributing a dollar or two to help add more professional artwork for the Mod. Every cent donated will go towards paying the artist. Thank you for enjoying the mod!
Check out the Artist – Facebook – Deviant Art
Don Artemio – for Russian translation.
Draco Lander – for Polish translation.
Joky – for French translation.
duffymcdave – for German translation.
Aranha Maluco – for Portuguese translation.
Alguerath – for Spanish translation.
Shota3245 – for Japanese translation.
Meishashier – for Simplified Chinese translation
Dwaine – for a fix for Tidally Locked, and a ton of helpful ideas and art.
ExNihil + Lex Peregrine – for most of the amazing code for the spawning engine.
Thank you for enjoying it and please rate it if you have a second.
Fully Compatible Mods/Sub Mods
PLANETARY DIVERSITY New Worlds Module
Yet Another Reworked Planet Diversity
Guilli’s Planet Modifiers 2.2
GUILLI’s PM + Planetary Diversity Patch
Rogue Servitor Ecumenopolis
Links to mods and patches for other mods that work with Planetary Diversity;
Planetary Diversity and Glavius AI Terraforming Patch
Planetary Div – New World – Glavius AI Terraforming Patch
Patch for Plentiful Perks and Planetary Diversity
More Events Mod – Planetary Diversity Compatibility Patch
!Patch for Eco-Arcology
!!!Universal Resource Patch
Do Not use Planetary Diversity Orginal Art without permission.
Planetary Diversity on ModDB
Old revisions of this mod are available below. Click the link to download.