Last revision: 11 Feb at 17:28 2018 UTC
- Additional tech, buildings, edicts, armies and strategic resources specific to each ethic.
- New local resources: Water, Ice, Actinides, Natural Fuels, Biomass and Exotic Foods.
- New tech and buildings for exploiting the new resources.
- Massive MegaCities on your homeworld.
- New buildings specific to the ecosystems of different planet-classes.
- Many new tile-blockers and new ways to exploit tile-blockers with adjacency bonuses that improve when you preserve them.
- Mechs, Aerofighters and the buildings to make them.
- New policies and edicts for customising your state’s governance, and to fine-tune your economy and citizenship.
- Local government tech and buildings specific to different ethics and government types.
- Take suppressing factions a step further and ban them.
- New extreme factions.
- Lots of new spaceport modules. Specialise your spaceports!
- Alternative tilesets for tomb, gaia, savannah and alpine worlds.
- New techs, buildings and edicts for exploiting normally uninhabitable worlds.
- Carry out follow-up surveys to discover hostile worlds that you can colonise.
STUFF THAT’S ALREADY IN IT
If you’ve got any of the standalone mods I’ve been releasing recently activated, you’re going to need to review them and switch off the ones that are now included in AlphaMod. They are:
- Alternative Tilesets
- EthicTek. All four of them.
- Gifts of Nature
- Gone Nuclear
- Hostile Worlds
- Machinery of Empire
- State of Lies
- Where There Is Water
AlphaMod is primarily an expansion but also part overhaul, part total conversion. That means that it does change a few vanilla files and will therefore have compatibility issues with mods that also change those files. The files changed are:
- common/pop_faction_types/* (<- All of them)
The types of mods that will usually have compatibility issues are those that change or add planet classes and their habitabilities, or change vanilla factions in some way.
AlphaMod 1.9 has been built against v1.8.3 and had some basic testing with v1.9 of the game. That means it is untested with v1.8.2 or earlier. There’s a good chance something won’t work properly if you use it with v1.8.2 or earlier.
Activating this mod and then expecting a current save-game to function correctly is just silly. Stop that. Start a new game.
Q – I’m not collecting the resources, water, biomass etc. and they have no number?
A – Just like Betharian and Alien Pets, they are local resources. You do not accumulate them like you do strategic resources. Just like Betharian and Alien Pets you build special ‘sourcers’ on them. Unlike those vanilla sourcers however, you can then benefit further with special buildings that can only be built on tiles adjacent to that sourcer.
Q – Some of my pops are ‘exploited’.
A – Members of the Labour Union faction will be ‘exploited’ with the right combination of poilicies. This will boost their output, but in turn annoy them more.
Q – Does AlphaMod still support barren planet/ asteroid settlements?
A – Yes. However, you need the Refined Colonisation tech and then have to activate the empire edict that unlocks. This will result in randomly generated follow-up surveys your science ships must do to find potential habitables (an event will tell you when a candidate is found). The tech will make at least one barren instantly habitable in your home system.
Q – Any stuff to complement Synthetic Dawn?
A – The mod is compatible with the DLC, but there’s no support of that DLC’s features or content in this mod. If I do get around to something, it will be a separate supplement.
Want to say thanks for the mod? Then go check out this game my wife and I made!
******* PROMOTION / BLATANT PLUG / ADVERT *******