Last revision: 5 Jun at 21:31 UTC
Change your gaming experience with Novus Orbis, the mod overhaul that adds tons of features and redesigns the way we play Stellaris. The main goal originally was to remove sectors, improve ground combat, and expand the options for building up colonies. What we have today is a wide range of new content for everyone to enjoy. This mod also has many influences from the great modders in our community, please see the special thanks section for more info.
- Adds a lot of new buildings! (See the included spreadsheet for tons of info)
- Many new technologies to unlock the new Buildings and Armies
- 4 New Capital Buildings (2 Machine Empire/ 2 Normal), increasing the tiers to allow for advanced Superplex worlds
- 2 New Strategic Local Resources and buildings to harvest them
- Reworked AI Weights so that the AI can make smart decisions on what buildings to use
- Reworked some vanilla buildings for balance
- 14 New Armies (8 Assault & 6 Defense)
- Ground combat lasts longer (more realistic)
- 3 top tiered armies for each ascension type (Biology, Synthetic, Psionic)
- Increased frequency of Pre-FTL Sentients
- Improved AI Budgets & Threat Evaluation (Slightly more aggressive)
- Multiple Crisis Events can trigger in a single game
- Trade deals are now 5 to 30 years in length
- Research Agreements now only provide 15% bonus
- Increased cost and cooldown for moving Capital
- Added 4 new Galaxy Sizes and scaled existing (Epic = 2500 Stars)
- Adjusted the galaxy types to better fit with the new sizes
- Policy that incease Core System Count by several hundred if set, allowing full control of all planets
- Increased allowable Tech to Research to 4 at start
- Increased Leader Pool Size to 4
- Xenos will migrate slightly shorter distances, keeping them within local systems more often
- Tons of other smaller tweaks to improve gameplay and AI (See Defines to learn more)
The #1 cause of issues with capital buildings are that another mod overwrites the 00_buildings.txt.
- Cultural Overhaul – No Traditions 2.0.2 Patch by garvins
- Expanded Stellaris Ascension Perks Patch by garvins
- Expanded Stellaris Traditions Patch by garvins
- Planetary Diversity Patch by garvins
- Plentiful Traditions 2.0.2 Patch by garvins
- Build Upgraded 2.0 Patch by Gratak
- Buildable Ancient Buildings Patch by Zeratul Vergil
- Buildable Ancient Buildings & Civic Redux Patch by Zeratul Vergil
- (-NSC2 Season 1 – Episode 3 – v1.3-) by CaptainX3
- Improved Space Battles [Balance] by Ankain
- Real Space 3.0 by Annatar
- Extra Events by Bürgermeister
Thanks to JKillz the original creator of this mod Novus Orbis – Stellaris Overhaul Mod.
Thanks to all creators of mods which JKillz used to build his mod.
* RED for Stellaris Tycoon.
* King Lemming for Stellar Expansion and Stellar Expansion – Strategic Resources.
* AlphaAsh for Homeworld Ethics.
* Dumuzii for Ethos Unique Techs and Buildings.
* Cybrxkhan for Cybrxkhan’s Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris.
I appreciate all for taking the time to try out this mod and share any feedback. I hope you enjoy the new content!