Last revision: 11 Dec at 09:24 2017 UTC
– attachments should work again
– spaceport modules for all
– leader xp rate changed
Change your gaming experience with Novus Orbis, the mod overhaul that adds tons of features and redesigns the way we play Stellaris. The main goal originally was to remove sectors, improve ground combat, and expand the options for building up colonies. What we have today is a wide range of new content for everyone to enjoy. This mod also has many influences from the great modders in our community, please see the special thanks section for more info.
The #1 cause of issues with capital buildings are that another mod overwrites the 00_buildings.txt.
- Adds 115 new buildings! (See the included spreadsheet for tons of info)
- 4 New Capital Buildings (2 Machine Empire/ 2 Normal), increasing the tiers to allow for advanced Superplex worlds
- 2 New Strategic Local Resources and buildings to harvest them
- Reworked AI Weights so that the AI can make smart decisions on what buildings to use
- Reworked some vanilla buildings for balance
- Added 22 Modules and balanced/organized existing
- Improved the Military Strength Calculations for Spaceports to better reflect their true power
- 14 New Armies (8 Assault & 6 Defense)
- Ground combat lasts longer (more realistic)
- 3 top tiered armies for each ascension type (Biology, Synthetic, Psionic)
- More armies are now needed to reduce Unrest
- Increased Planetary Defenses per Pop
- Zero Planetary Defense now only allows normal damage against defense armies instead of double
- All starting Homeworlds have 25 Tiles (does not apply to empires that appear during gameplay)
- Increased frequency of Pre-FTL Sentients
- Improved AI Budgets & Threat Evaluation (Slightly more aggressive)
- Multiple Crisis Events can trigger in a single game
- Trade deals are now 5 to 30 years in length
- Research Agreements now only provide 15% bonus
- Increased cost and cooldown for moving Capital
- Added 4 new Galaxy Sizes and scaled existing (Epic = 2500 Stars)
- Adjusted the galaxy types to better fit with the new sizes
- Optional Edict that removes the need for Sectors, allowing full control of all planets
- The edict increases Core Planet Cap by 100
- It is free and can be removed at any time
- Over 80 new technologies to unlock the new Buildings, Armies, and Modules
- Increased allowable Tech to Research to 4 at start
- Added tech to unlock the tier 4 labs (Engineering Lab IV, Bio Lab IV, and Physics Lab IV)
- Increased Leader Pool Size to 4
- Better Hyperdrives
- Frontier Outposts have a extra cost of 25 Influence
- Xenos will migrate slightly shorter distances, keeping them within local systems more often
- Tons of other smaller tweaks to improve gameplay and AI (See Defines to learn more)
00_armies.txt (possible used in future updates)
NOTE: You can remove at your own risk if you desire, be sure to remove all files per group
map/galaxy (Massive Galaxies)
map/setup_scenarios (Massive Galaxies)
empire_initializers.txt (25 Tile Homeworlds)
prescripted_species_systems.txt (25 Tile Homeworlds)
special_system_initializers.txt (25 Tile Homeworlds)
fallen_empire_initializers (25 Tile Homeworlds)
I have started a discussion for Bug Reports and Known Issues where you can report anything that needs to be resolved.
Thanks to JKillz the original creator of this mod Novus Orbis – Stellaris Overhaul Mod.
Thanks to all creators of mods which JKillz used to build his mod.
* RED for Stellaris Tycoon.
* King Lemming for Stellar Expansion and Stellar Expansion – Strategic Resources.
* AlphaAsh for Homeworld Ethics.
* Dumuzii for Ethos Unique Techs and Buildings.
* Cybrxkhan for Cybrxkhan’s Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris.
I appreciate all for taking the time to try out this mod and share any feedback. I hope you enjoy the new content!