Last revision: 8 Dec at 00:33 UTC
This mod changes many superficial aspects of the game to create a more old-fashioned-esque setting. No mechanics have been changed, no events added, nothing like that. All that’s changed is the way the game’s presented, plus a few extra species.
- The start date has been moved to 1836.
- New flag icons and backgrounds have been added. Vanilla flag icons have been disabled but haven’t been actually removed, so if you made a civ in an unmodded game before firing this then its flag should show up just fine.
- All rooms have been replaced with old-fashioned-ish equivalents.
- Some resource icons have been replaced with old-fashioned-ish equivalents.
- Many sound effects have been replaced with less futuristic equivalents. Listen to the new ambient sounds of a fleet!
- The soundtrack has been replaced with a more old-fashioned soundtrack.
- Vanilla clothes for all species, except for plantoids, have been replaced with less futuristic equivalents.
- All species classes have new pregenerated species names.
- New namelists have been packed in from previous mods, with other namesets made specifically for this mod also added in:
- American (from the Hail, Columbia! names mod)
- British (from the Rule, Britannia! names mod)
- Church Names (from the Space Catholic mod)
- French (from the Vive la France mod)
- Kaiserreich Deutsch (from the Deutschlandlied mod)
- H.R.R. Deutsch (from the Deutschlandlied mod)
- K.u.K. Deutsch (from the Deutschlandlied mod)
- Roman (yes, another one, I regret nothing)
- Ottoman Turkish
- Empires have a new empire naming system. Say hello to that spiritualist republic nearby, the Iron Authority of the Srbvati!
- Nearly all event pictures have been replaced with more old-fashioned equivalents. Equivalent-ish.
- 1863 new star names have been added, just for the heck of it.
- Prescripted countries have been replaced with new creations more in line with the spirit of the mod.
- Fonts have been changed.
Other mods really work well with this thing, such as
- boris.van.sosin’s Ironclads. These are proper 19th century ironclad ships, perfect for crossing the galaxy.
- Reiseafa’s We are the Imperial Navy ships. Warhammer 40k ships fit an anachronistic aesthetic pretty well, imo.
- AlphaAsh’s CityScapes offers some additional old fashioned-looking cityscapes for you to play around with.
- Mod compatibility. Literally haven’t tested it with anything else aside from the above 3 mods and an extended colors mod.
- More human, uh, ‘species’.
- Victorian building designs for the planet tiles.
- Old-timey tech research icons.
- More flag elements???
October 15 2017 update:
- Extra human species have been added back in. Now you can play as a Space Turk, as was meant to be.