Last revision: 10 Dec at 17:06 UTC
This mod is a standalone version of the planetary shields feature of the More Events Mod. Do not use it if you already use MEM.
The screenshots are from an earlier version. The shields still look the same, but the building’s attributes are the same as in vanilla with two little changes: the building provides one defensive army and can be ruined by bombardement. The latter is needed as it would drag out wars for far too long as the AI is now also able to build shield generators. And they love doing so. Also there is an upgraded version you can get once you reach the highest techlevel. The graphical effects are meant to be seen but still not too intrusive to distract from or disable the view of the planet intself. The effects are animated, which means the screenshots do not really do them justice.
Overwritten Vanilla Files:
- Graphical effect for the planetary shield generator
- changed effect for shielded worlds (added shieldworld mk 2 effect to the vanilla one)
- a second tech to get an improved version of the shield generator
- Vanilla stats: 50% orbital bombardment damage reduction; upkeep: 5 energy
- Modded stats: 50% orbital bombardment damage reduction + 1 soldier job; upkeep: 5 energy
- Upgraded stats: 60% orbital bombardment damage reduction + 1 soldier job; upkeep: 5 energy 1 rare crystals
- Every mod, that changes system scales and planet positions. (For example ISB)
- For Real Space Users: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954173598
- At gamestart a deactivation project is spawned in your sitlog
- Shields are updated on building completion, upgrade and demolishing as well as ruining. Planetary bombardement automatically ruins the shield generator once the planet health reaches zero which removes the shield effect until the building is repaired again.
- In case you want to deactivate the mod midgame, you have to fire the deactivation project in your sitlog first in order to get rid of the shield ambient objects
- The deactivation project is only started with a fresh game. If you activate this mod mid game and decide to deactivate it again you have to select one of your worlds and type "event mem_planetary_shields.15" into your console
Assets done by Space Core
Code done by Malthus