Last revision: 14 Jun at 18:14 UTC
This mod is a standalone version of the planetary shields feature of the More Events Mod. Do not use it if you already use MEM.
Have you been disappointed by the useless vanilla planetary shield generator tech? If yes, then we are in the same boat. Not only does the building lack any useful stats which means building it is a wasted planetary tile, it does not even have a graphical effect. With this mod this is not the case anymore. As you can see, the stats have been overhauled to make it a useful choice to build. The graphical effects are meant to be seen but still not too intrusive to distract from or disable the view of the planet intself. The effects are animated, which means the screenshots do not really do them justice.
Overwritten Vanilla Files:
- Graphical effect for the planetary shield generator
- changed effect for shielded worlds (added shieldworld mk 2 effect to the vanilla one)
- a second tech to get an improved version of the shield generator (only obtainable after surveying an ancient shield world)
- Every mod, that changes system scales and planet positions. (For example ISB)
- For ISB Users with offset Shields: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=927880733
- For Real Space Users: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954173598
- At gamestart a deactivation project is spawned in your sitlog
- Shields are updated on building completion, upgrade and demolishing as well as ruining. Planetary bombardement automatically ruins the shield generator once the planet health reaches zero which removes the shield effect until the building is repaired again.
- In case you want to deactivate the mod midgame, you have to fire the deactivation project in your sitlog first in order to get rid of the shield ambient objects
- The deactivation project is only started with a fresh game. If you activate this mod mid game and decide to deactivate it again you have to select one of your worlds and type "event mem_planetary_shields.15" into your console
Assets done by Space Core
Code done by Malthus