The Sleeper 2 – Fallen Hivemind
This mod adds a new fallen empire to the game, refered to as the sleeper. This ancient hivemind used to be great threat to all live in the galaxy, but for unknown reasons it has collapsed and fallen into a deep slumber. Its once tireless drones are now only barely controlled by its will and its presence on the galactic stage has been diminished. How will this looming threat effect the younger nations?
This is the second version of this mod. Huge parts of the code have been rewritten and many new things have been added.
The sleeper is much like a normal FE, but with a twist. It has its own unique mechanics and interactions with the galaxy. This mod adds new events, galactic resolutions, a new mid-game crisis, techs, traits, two new colossus weapons and many new scenarios to the game:
– At the start of the game, the sleeper is… well, asleep. It can only barely hold onto its many drones. You can not engage with it diplomatically and it will attack anybody who dares to enter its borders. You are free to snoop around though.
– There is a science station above its capital – a research AI has taken up residence and it can tell you more about the sleeper. And it is always looking for some helping hands/talons/fins/tentacles/any other acceptable equivalent
– Apart from its two main systems, most of the sleepers territory can easily be taken by the lesser empires without (immediate) repercussions. So if you want those valuable systems, go ahead. Just be mindfull to not cause to much disturbance…
– Certain actions or events in the galaxy will rouse the sleeper (such as taking its systems, attacking its fleets, galactic crisises, etc.). If roused to much, it will be driven into a frenzy, violently invading everything around it with hordes of cheap, rushed fleets, until it falls back to sleep out of exhaustion or is killed. The research AI will warn you should the sleeper come close to becoming feral. This will be either a huge risk to your empire, or may represent an interesting opportunity to deal with rivals and snatch some systems…
– like any other fallen empire, the sleeper can awake again and try to restore its former glory. The awakened sleeper will try to exterminate all robot, synth and hivemind empires, while subjugating the rest for food and cattle.
– defeating the sleeper will get you unique rewards!
-the mod also comes with easy to use debugtools/cheats.
NOTE: The sleeper will always spawn, no matter what. You will always get the amount of FEs you set at the start of the game + the sleeper (So if you selected 4 FEs at the start, the sleeper will spawn as a 5th FE).
The following vanilla files had to be overwritten to make this mod possible:
-the "diplomatic stance" policy
Any other mod that replaces them may break something. The following compatability patches are available:
– Bombardment fix by Inny – a must have if you are running this with a bunch of other mods.
– !! AI restricted systems patch by Inny – also a must have, since the AI will attack the sleeper when it does not make sense for them to do so if this is overwritten.
– ACOT: Override "patch"
(no promises though:))
– some events related to the hives fragile state
– a special rival for the sleeper: a pacifist FE
if you want to contribute to the mod, feel free to visit it on github!