Automatic Pop Migration
Is manually shifting around pops that are out of work and homeless getting you down? Want to get back to conquering the galaxy? This mod will find new planets for your out of work homeless pops so you don’t have to.
Turn on or off Automatic Pop Migration from the decisions panel on your capital world.
- Policy to determine if only targeting unemployed and overcrowded pops or all unemployed pops
- Policy to set habitability preference – either the default 60% minimum, an 80% minimum or allow any habitability
- Policy to force migrate based on low habitability. regardless of employment or housing status. A maximum of 3 pops per month. The last pop on planet will not move. NOTE: Increased risk of building destruction!
- Only resettles pops that are allowed to migrate.
- Also works for machine empires where migration is not allowed
- Cost per pop approximates resettlement cost which is defined at a job category level and is influenced by certain traits, civics, and traditions and will cost from 12.5 – 225 energy per pop .
- Finds new planets based on best habitability and won’t move pops to planets with less than 60% habitability, if set by policy.
- New planets must have available housing and jobs.
- Can use a planet decision set a single planet as the preferred location for pops to move to. This costs 25 influence and 1000 energy to set. Planet must still have a habitability of greater or equal to 60% for the pop to move there if set by policy.
- Can use a planet decision to set planets to have a research, mining, food, or energy focus at the cost of 10 influence per planet. Pops that have traits that boost these jobs will be more likely to settle there.
- Can use a planet decision to migrate Toilers from Thrall-Worlds at the cost of 10 influence per planet.
- Can set a planet as not allowing pops to migrate in the context of Automatic Pop Migration.
- Can set a planet to move all homeless pops, regardless of employment, starting with the lowest strata and moving upwards.
- Can set a planet to allow assimilating pops to migrate to other worlds.
- Job Retraining Campaign edict to reduce the time a newly unemployed specialist / ruler take to demote to a lower job category. It only works on people unemployed after the campaign is active.
- Moving occurs on the 3rd of the month to lessen the strain on 1st day of the month game processing.
No vanilla files were harmed in making this mod.
Compatible with Stellaris v2.2.* (Le Guin)
As with any mod that affects game play, NOT achievement compatible.
If you like this mod, please come back to rate and favorite.
Without rating this mod it’s much harder for others to find it. If you have feedback, please leave it in a comment below.
You can post comments here or in the Discord channel for my mods. I take all constructive feedback and suggestions seriously.
- German Translation – thank you Cytron and killy!
- Chinese Translation – 自动人口移居 – 简体中文 – thank you oblevdorohmsic!
- Russian Translation – Thank you to «(PeGaS)»!
- Japanese Translation – Thank you mikaduki!