Last revision: 30 Sep at 17:50 UTC
Compatible with Game Version: 2.1.3
Mod Version: 1.3
Basically vassalization is far more difficult than it should be. When I have such an incredibly powerful empire, the tiny empires shouldn’t be so stubborn as to accept total destruction rather than a gracious vassalization.
I would like to be a gracious overlord, but they always force my hand. No more!
No more neighboring empires requirement, easier vassalization, and your friendly neighborhood fallen empires will bow before your might.
-=I have rebalanced pre-war vassalization to some more sensible numbers=-
– Subjugation War Timer was doubled to 720 days, it always felt like it went away annoyingly fast.
– Vassalization no longer requires you to be "neighboring" empires, this was annoying mainly due to hyperlane chokepoints.
– Vassalization/Protectorate modifier was reduced from -50 to -20, now AI should vassalize each other more easily and they will be less stubborn towards you.
– Tributary modifier was reduced from -50 to -15, it makes sense for tributary to be a more agreeable fate than pure vassalization.
– You can vassalise fallen/awakened empires, if you are somehow that powerful and in that good of standing why should you not be able?
– Increased max values for things like tech(protectorate), power difference, and threat level. Previously these were capped at 20 or 100 for power difference; there is no reason to cap them at 20. All are capped at at least 100
– Decreased the power difference multiplier ever so slightly, just so increasing the power difference multiplier is a bit more fesable.
– The acceptance based on pops was reduced, protecting your people through vassalization makes more sense than attempting an impossible war.
– Empires no longer have to be friendly to be vassalized, previously it was -1000 to anything but friendly, which really makes no sense when you consider power differences; it is now simply -20 which is doable when you consider other changes I made. I’d rather dislike my overlord than have my planets glassed. It should be noted that if they really hate you then they still will have -1000, I left that in for people who would rather die than submit.
– Border distance multiplier was greatly reduced, you still won’t be able to vassalize from across the galaxy, but neighbors on the wrong side of the hyperlane chokepoint will still be possible.
– Slightly increased the weight of technologies to protectorate modifier, from 0.1 to 0.2
– Doubled the monthly cost of subject integration from 5 to 10 influence, this halves the time required for integration
– Tripled the max stored influence amount due to the above change (now 1500 and 3000)
– Reduced integration influence cost by about 30% so that empires aren’t bankrupt from influence