Last revision: 30 Sep at 19:25 UTC
A century ago, your civilization sent six great Arkships to nearby systems. Soon after, a global catastrophe struck, plunging your homeworld into chaos for decades. All contact with the Arkships was lost. Now, as you once again begin to explore the galaxy, your first priority is to find out what became of those brave pioneers who set off into the unknown so long ago.
Splinter Colony is a story pack mod for Stellaris, inspired by elements of the base game’s Commonwealth of Man backstory. It includes two interrelated event chains. The first is to track down the fate of all six Arkships. The second is a series of interactions with your splinter colony, an empire founded by one of those Arkships to rival that of the homeworld.
To activate the mod, select “Sol (Splinter Col.)” or “Random (Splinter Col.)” as your starting solar system. Shortly after the game starts, you should receive “The Ulysses Initiative” event chain.
– Two detailed, interrelated event chains, each with multiple options for the events that trigger on a given play-though.
– Encounter a splinter colony based on your own custom empire, using one of six different ethics templates, each with custom events.
– Through your interactions with your splinter colony, determine whether they will be friend or foe, or seek to destroy them utterly.
– The mod is compatible with most pre-built or custom empires. Not compatible with gestalt consciousness ethic and the civics: mechanist, syncretic evolution, post-apocalyptic, life-seeded, fanatic purifiers, and barbaric despoilers.
– The mod uses custom diplomacy windows for many major events. Don’t close them without picking an option, or you will not be able to complete the event chains.
– You will need to play with at least one fallen empire to complete the Arkship chain.
– It is not recommended to leave the Splinter Colony systems as the saved starting systems for empires that can spawn as AI empires. Doing so will cause minor oddities in galaxy generation.
– Not designed or tested for multiplayer.
Detailed bug reports are always welcome.