Ancient Caches of Technologies: Sins of the Fallen Empires – BETA
MOD IS CONSIDERED STABLE ENOUGH TO BE IN BETA. BUT IS STILL A WIP
Within the mysterious star-sized Outer Gates, an ancient ascendency sleeps. The fallen precursors harbor many secrets. But there is one secret. One puzzle that must never be solved. For it is said that the ancient power within will devour all…but can the words of these decripit fallen empires be trusted?
Sins of the Fallen Empires introduces a new late-game crisis as well as a story-driven content that seeks to explain the origins and backstories behind the fallen empires. It is also designed to give players a challenging crisis that is not as family-friendly as the vanilla ones.
The crisis has a lot of scripts during its initiation and multiple new systems will be generated. It is recommended you do not wait too long before summoning the OE, and best to avoid summoning them at the same time as another crisis.
- Outer Gates, Outer Gate Clusters and their sacred Gatekeeper Guardians.
- The Progenitor, the first ascendency, the forebearer of all fallen empires. A new late-game crisis to fight. One that causes all other fallen empires to awaken.
- Progenitor Shipsets, Portraits and Cities (The shipsets have both pre and post Ascension)
- Various new secret technologies used by ancient civilization millions of years ago.
- Death and Destruction
- Memes, Bugs, Errors, Typos, Fail Grammar. – This is a BETA..
- Full features explained here.
is_crisis_faction – Scripted Trigger
habitable_structure – Scripted Trigger
can_orbital_bombard – Game Rules
ai_should_restrict_system – Game Rules
has_full_sensor_range – Game Rules
Only works on new saves.
– Due to the amount of things going on, performance may become an issue.
What to report:
– Events not working
– Reasonable Complaints that is related to SOFE or ACOT
What to NOT report:
– Events not working or crisis not ending due to you performing things that is not supposed to happen in vanilla. (Like blowing up their systems with Mike Tyson Beam, or colossus their worlds (By default, they should be immune to colossus attacks)
– Some grammar mistakes.
– Dumb complaints that are not related to the above.
– Crisis too difficult. You asked for it, now suffer the consequences 😛
Q: How to get the Crisis to appear?
A: Find an Outergate, wait for mid-game. Kills the Guardian, then occupy the system. The events to unlock will begin shortly.
Q: I have the Outer Gate in my border for awhile now after mid-game, but nothing happens.
A: Select the SOFE Menu, then select the Activate Outer Gate Study option. Sometimes the check for this doesn’t fire properly if your country type has been changed sometimes.
Q: How much should I prepare?
A: Do not open it until your AE is actually good. But there’s no need to make one doom deathball of 100M fleetpowers
Q: The OE fleets are flying metal boxes…THE KOWARDS! THE FAWELLS?
A: Look at the top of the mod intro, subscribe to everything there. And i mean everything.
If this problem persists, you may be using a mod that changes zofe_ship_sizes.
Q: I made a truce with the OE, now they are quiet and cant be interacted with.
A: The content for post-crisis passive OE has not yet been fully implemented.
Q: What the, why does the OE have so many worlds. Do I have to konquer them all?
A: Simply defeat the ground forces of one of the ringworlds will trigger the event that will decide the outcome of the crisis.
Q: HELP! I CANNOT INVADE THEIR GOLDEN WORLDS, OMGBBQ FIX PL0X
A: You are not supposed to invade them, you are supposed to bomb the planets. This has been written in the planet description itself, in the guidelines and I am pretty sure in the situation log.
Q: My game crashed after doing XXX
A: Try setting launch option to have -opengl, avoid creating too large galaxy with too many habitable worlds/empires. The more pops there are on the galaxy, the more likely it is to crash.
Also give me basic rundown of the error logs would be helpful, keep in mind that SOFE has a lot of events and scripts. Do not play this with 100+ mods and expect smooth performances.
- Some of the icons, sounds and images are modifcations of Starcraft and Command and Conquers. I do not take ownership on any of these assets.
- Kolyn for making the ZOFE Main Mods, Portraits (No Glowing Eyes) and Stuffs. Also for supplying the Mod Description Format. You can clearly see this is his version 😛
- Space Frog and the LEX Mods for providing this submod with the badass Ancient Ship Models as well as the shieldmesh from the Planetary Shield
- Vehk for Visible Psionics for the glowing eye codes that I base from.
- Twinks for PFE for some of the artworks that I base from (To be fair, I also gave him mine so that even outs :P)
- Human Variety and Humans Revolution for some of the clothes that I based from.
- Patreon and Stellaris Modding Den Discord people who help with ideas and suggestions, greetings! – Your names have been embedded into the halls of the OE.
- And to all subscribers!! Don’t Worry, Just Eat. And Eat
If you enjoy this functionality, don’t forget to rate and subscribe 🙂 Hopefully your empire won’t crumble.
I have a section on Discord for my mods here
ACOT Main Discord Server
You can also support me on Patreon here atm since my family is having a little bit of financial difficulties.
Old revisions of this mod are available below. Click the link to download.