Backgrounds+ Collection 2.0
Last revision: 23 Jun at 22:10 2018 UTC
As per a few requests, here is the entire collection of my Backgrounds+ mod series (I guess?), all bundled up in one neat package. I don’t expect this to become popular, but it is a small ‘quality of life’ improvement for a few people, so I will still update it and what not.
This is a purely visual mod, and in such, there is only a 0.01% chance that any patch update would break the mod.
60+ brand new FHD loading screens for Stellaris:
Feeling bored with the default loading screens and menu background of Stellaris? Or maybe you have a mod that installs some new ones, but they are just not that great? Well, whatever your case, this mod can cure you; adding over 60 (63 to be exact… but,.. whatever) brand new FHD backgrounds for the Stellaris loading screens, as well as some new menu backgrounds.
New backgrounds for your anomalies and events:
Are the anomaly and event backgrounds just not inspiring your scientists to actually work on them? Well, maybe they need that extra ‘pop!’ of life in those images, a brand new look inspiring more of Stellaris and leading your scientist to look for new anomalies and events just to see those sweet, sweet new images. This mod changes the "event_pictures" files to just other pictures, which reflects on events, anomalies and the situation logs.
New leader scenes:
Your empire is run by many powerful leaders, each with their unique traits and skills. However, they seem to spend their time is some dirty low-resolution rooms. And with some many leaders everywhere, it can be tiring for you (and probably them too, imagine how crowded it much be), it gets quite monotone.
New images for starbases, planets, habitats and More:
New pictures for planets, starbases, habitats, science nexus and what not. (I don’t own the Utopia DLC, so you just have to trust me that they work…)
Pretty much nothing >.>
- Stellaris Minimum Specs I guess?
For making sure that everything works the following steps are recommended.
- Click ‘Subscribe’.
- Rate the mod up. (completely necessary, mod will not work otherwise)
- Go to wherever your installed Steam at.
- Then go to: "Steamsteamappsworkshopcontent281990".
- Here, you will have to find any mods that add other backgrounds. —- ie. "Steamsteamappsworkshopcontent281990683230077", is where NSC is installed.
- Open the .zip and navigate to "683230077newshipclasses(.)zipgfx", still using the NSC example. In that folder you should find two folders named ‘loadingscreens’ and ‘interface’.
- Delete the ‘loadingscreens’ folder.
- Then open ‘interface’. Inside you may find a ‘background.dds’. Delete it. If it is the only file in the ‘interface’ folder under
‘gfx’, then you can just delete the folder.
- Do this for every time that there is an updates for whichever mod that you have removed the loading screens for, as mod updates re-download files.
- Open the Stellaris Launcher.
- Go to ‘Mods’.
- Click on ‘Backgrounds+’ to activate the mod.
*I am not responsible to any damage that you may inflict onto your computer by not following these guidelines or following them. Please contact me if you would require further instructions or any other kind of help.
⠀⠀⠀✔⠀⠀⠀⠀ Iron-Man Mode Compatible
⠀⠀⠀✔⠀⠀⠀⠀ Achievements Compatible (should be, tell me if you find otherwise)
⠀⠀⠀✔⠀⠀⠀⠀ Stellaris Legacy 1.9 Edition Compatible
⠀⠀⠀✔⠀⠀⠀⠀ Stellaris Legacy 2.0 Edition Compatible
⠀⠀⠀✘⠀⠀⠀⠀ Stellaris Niven 2.1 Edition Compatible
- This mod should be compatible with pretty much everything that does not edit the vanilla "event_pictures" files.
- If a mod that adds new event pictures and anomaly pictures that does not edit the vanilla ones and just adds files used by the mod, everything should be okay.
- Also, if a mod uses vanilla "event_pictures" files, then that change will be reflected by the mod. —- ie. the More Events Mod, uses the vanilla "event_pictures" and so, with this mod installed, would use the ones from the mod, which may conflict in context.
Natively Supported Languages
⠀⠀⠀✔⠀⠀⠀⠀ All languages lol
Backgrounds from other mods are still appearing?
Read the installation instructions again and try to go through all the steps again. If you have done absolutely everything possible for the mod to work, but somehow require more assistance or help, than contact me via Steam, Discord, Twitter or anything else that you may find me officially supporting.
I don’t want this one background or what not?
Go through the installation once-more and do it for the Backgrounds+ mod. The folder for this mod is "Steamsteamappsworkshopcontent2819901279836097".
Am I able to download any of the backgrounds myself?
All images & artwork made by Vadim Sadovski, and converted for Stellaris by EliteCthulhu. View the oc’s page for more info.
I need more help?
If you have done absolutely everything possible for the mod to work, but somehow require more assistance or help, than contact me via Steam, Discord, Twitter or anything else that you may find me officially supporting.
- 23 / 06 / 2018 – v 1.1.0 – Marked as version for Stellaris 2.0.
– Removed support for Stellaris 2.1.x Niven update. – Update from Backgrounds+ Anomalies (2.0).
- 22 / 05 / 2018 – v 1.0.2 – Niven support update.
– Added support for Stellaris 2.1.x Niven update. – Update from Backgrounds+ Leaders.
- 19 / 05 / 2018 – v 1.0.1 – Version update.
– Corrected Stellaris version number.
- 19 / 05 / 2018 – v 1.0.0 – Original Release of mod.
– Official upload of mod onto Steam Workshop. – Discussions published. – That’s about it.
- Anything that may need updating in the other mods.
- No bugs found.
All images & artwork made by Vadim Sadovski amongst various artists, and converted for Stellaris by EliteCthulhu. I, in no way, shape or form own any credit to the making of the images used within the mod.