Last revision: 29 Jun at 21:49 UTC
- Additional tech, buildings, edicts, armies and strategic resources specific to each ethic.
- New local resources: Water, Ice, Actinides, Natural Fuels, Biomass and Exotic Foods.
- New tech and buildings for exploiting the new resources.
- Massive MegaCities on your homeworld.
- New buildings specific to the ecosystems of different planet-classes.
- Many new tile-blockers and new ways to exploit tile-blockers with adjacency bonuses that improve when you preserve them.
- Mechs, Aerofighters and the buildings to make them.
- New policies and edicts for customising your state’s governance, and to fine-tune your economy and citizenship.
- Local government tech and buildings specific to different ethics and government types.
- Alternative tilesets for gaia, savannah and alpine worlds.
- New techs, buildings and edicts for exploiting normally uninhabitable worlds.
- Carry out follow-up surveys to discover hostile worlds that you can colonise.
- Establish a base on the moon of your homeworld.
- Pirate lairs! Yarrr.
- New Ascension Perks for taking new features even further.
AlphaMod is primarily an expansion but also part overhaul, part total conversion. That means that it does change a few vanilla files and will therefore have compatibility issues with mods that also change those files. The files changed are:
The types of mods that will usually have compatibility issues are those that change or add planet classes and their habitabilities.
AlphaMod 2.1 has been built against v2.1 of the game. That means it is untested with any earlier version. There’s a good chance something won’t work properly if you use it with an earlier version.
Activating this mod and then expecting a current save-game to function correctly is just silly. Stop that. Start a new game.
The mod is compatible with all DLC. None of them are required.
The mod is not compatible with Ironman achievements.
1 – I list vanilla files I over-ride. Other mods don’t.
2 – Before asking me about compatibility here, try asking about compatibility there first.
3 – I generally don’t make compatibility patches for mods I don’t use.
4 – Please don’t take my availability for granted.
THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A – Just like Betharian and Alien Pets, they are local resources. You do not accumulate them like you do strategic resources. Just like Betharian and Alien Pets you build special ‘sourcers’ on them. Unlike those vanilla sourcers however, you can then benefit further with special buildings that can only be built on tiles adjacent to that sourcer.
A – Yes. However, you need the Refined Colonisation tech and then have to activate the empire edict that unlocks. This will result in randomly generated follow-up surveys your science ships must do to find potential habitables (an event will tell you when a candidate is found). The tech will make at least one barren instantly habitable in your home system.
Polish by Mr.Kocur: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1414951042
I’m not multi-lingual. I’m not running the mass of text through google translate. I’m not copying english localisation as placeholders for other languages, as it’s more work than you think it is. If you can’t play the mod with the game set to english (and now Polish), I can’t help you, sorry.
If someone provides localisation in another language, I will be more than happy to list it here along with due credit.
- Before reporting a bug, check whether it is in fact a bug in the vanilla game. Then try to reproduce the bug in a new game with just AlphaMod activated. If you can’t, then the issue is not with AlphaMod.
- If you want help with solving issues that the mod causes you, do not report and run. I may need more information, so make sure to check back.
- The more information you provide to begin with, the more likely I’ll take a look and the more likely I can diagnose the issue.
- And once again please do not take my availablity for granted. Not every problem in Stellaris is caused by AlphaMod and you don’t need to ask me if it is or isn’t. Figure that out first, yourself. Please.
Mod updates often break save-games. Other than critical bugfixing with hotfixes that should not break save-games, I will aim to make the bigger updates that may well break current save-games on a Friday. Not necessarily every Friday, but I tend to want to get new stuff in your hands pretty rapidly, so it’ll be most Fridays.