Advanced Planet Editor
Last revision: 7 Feb at 05:06 2018 UTC
Check out the above and his other mods!
This is a modding tool (Cheating tool, if you must…) that lets you edit virtually every aspect of any planet in your game. The adaptive interface changes options based on the type of planet chosen, as well as many other factors such as size, modifiers, population, tiles, you name it.
- Edit Colony – Create colonies, add starter buildings, add/remove pops, etc.
- Edit Planet Class – Change the class of planet to any vanilla class and back again
- Edit Planet Size – Size limits based on planet class prevent game crashes
- Edit Tile Resources – Add resources on tiles best suited for them
- Edit Orbital Resources – Add orbital resources to any planet
- Edit Strategic Resources – Add strategic resources to any uninhabited planet
- Edit Planet Modifiers – Add/Remove most vanilla planet modifiers
- Edit Tile Blockers – Reroll and remove tile blockers
- Edit Planet Rings – Add/Remove planet rings
- Edit Moons and Habitats – Add/Remove moons and habitats
- Edit Spaceports – Add/Remove, upgrade and edit spaceports
- Edit Armies – Add/Remove all vanilla army types
- Add Pre-Sentient Species – Add a presentient species to your planet
- Remove Planets – This planet is just in my way, begone!
- And More!
Use the Set Planet Editor Target edict
– OR –
Select a planet, open the Command Console ( ` Key), and type: adv_planet_editor.target
Press the PE (Planet Editor) Button next to the planet’s name in the planet view panel and edit away!
The target planet is reset after you exit the editor.
As of this time, there is no way to identify a planet target other than the above meantioned methods, ideally pressing the PE button would do the trick alone, but the effect is currently not functional (game bug).
This mod was inspired by the Planet Editor mod By thymos23. Credit where credit is due, the original idea and many of the orginal options of this mod are inspired by that mod. You should check it out and his other work!